Being stuck inside for whatever reason can be super tough, especially at the moment with the added worry of coronavirus sweeping the world. Here at Super Snaps though, we like to try and find the positives where we can, so we’ve come up with a list of creative ideas for you to try from the comfort of your home – even if you’re in lockdown!
Before we begin our list at all, it’s important to say that in this period of uncertainty there was never a more appropriate time for self-care. So before you start any of these activities, we’d highly recommend that you grab your PJs, put on some comfy socks and make yourself a hot chocolate. If you can’t do it now, when can you?
Add photos to your journal
Journaling has become somewhat of a craze over the last few years, and for good reason. A fabulous form of self-care, it allows you to reflect on your favourite times and set your goals for the future! We’ve been inspired by the beautiful spreads our customers have put together using our prints. We find our Mini Retros and Mini Square Snaps work especially well!
Why not try creating a page for every month of the past year and printing your favourite photos from that time? When you look back you’ll be amazed at how some of your seemingly normal days were actually extraordinary.
If you’re still unsure where to begin with journaling, here are some more ideas to start you off:
- Print out photos that link to your aspirations and create a wish board for all you want to achieve in the next year
- Write down all the books you’ve been meaning to read in a cute little checklist
- If you’re not a bookworm, how about all the films you’ve missed in the cinema…2019 had some classics!
- Dedicate a page to one of your loved ones. Add a photo and write down special moments you’ve shared. You’ll feel closer to them and they’ll be honoured to be featured!
- Use a page to track how you’re sleeping – it’s important to get lots of rest!
Send memories to your loved ones
While you might not be seeing them face to face as much as usual during this time, there are plenty of ways you can still stay connected to your friends and family! As well as video calling and speaking on the phone, we love the idea of sending your family personal notes to let them know you’re thinking of them.
Our Postcards are perfect for this – just upload your favourite photos and we’ll transform them into personalised postcards which you can then write a cute message on and pop in the post! We like the idea of printing memories you’ve both shared – who doesn’t love reminiscing?!
Psst…If you feel like writing longer letters to your loved ones, our Mini Squares are also perfect for popping into an envelope along with a handwritten letter!
Give your home a makeover
Spring is very nearly upon us, so we’ve decided we’re totally allowed to start our spring clean now! When you’re spending a lot of time in your home it’s important to try and keep it spick and span – trust us, it will make you feel wayyyy more zen. We’re feeling totally inspired by this customer who’s used our Mini Squares to display their memories in a fabulous frame – it looks tidy, chic and framed their pink cupboard perfectly! Clutter, be gone!
Keep happy moments close by
Now that you’ve spring cleaned your home, it’s time for your phone! Too often we keep our photos stored on our phone or in the cloud, but printing them out and keeping them around the house is way more likely to crack a smile! You won’t believe how far you’ll be able to scroll back in your camera roll…so print your photos and have a good clear out. From snaps of holidays and silly moments you’d forgotten, to your favourite photos of your loved ones, these are the memories you’ll want to relive every day when you’re stuck inside.
Any of our photo prints will work for this idea, but we especially love adding text and playing around with border colours and patterns using our Custom Retro Prints!
Style up your workstation
Hands up who’s working from home? We guessed it – tons of you. We know it can be tricky to stay motivated when you’re WFH but one thing that can really help is to create a designated spot for working it…and since you’re going to be spending a lot of time there it makes sense to make it fabulous! All you need is a grid, some string and a few pegs, and voila! Psst…don’t forget the succulents too! They’re a WFH essential in our book.
Top tip – if you don’t have a wall grid handy, spray painting a cooling rack works a treat! You can thank us later.
If you’re still in need of more inspiration once you’ve completed our first 5 steps, here are our other favourite ideas for whiling away the hours indoors:
- Practise yoga or pilates online – you’ll thank us when you’re so chilled you’re falling asleep on the mat!
- Have a Skype craft night – get your friends/family to all join a group call and do an activity together. You’ll feel way more connected and have something awesome to show for it! Psst…Skype book club works a treat too!
- Binge watch your favourite series – you have our permission.
- Read a good book which totally transports you!
- Bake – it’s super relaxing and delicious, what more could you want?
- Get in the garden – if you can, simply being in your own little space outside will make you feel lots better.
So there we have it Super Snappers! We hope we’ve helped add a little sunshine to this stormy time, and please keep sharing your awesome creations by tagging us @wearesupersnaps…they always make us smile!